Flashpoint Publications is interested in stories relating to the LGBTQI+ community. We’re open to reviewing manuscripts in any genre, from romance to nonfiction.
It is our intention to publish quality books with a difference. What does that mean? It means that we would like to see books that don’t necessarily follow a genre formula, that would stand out amongst books in a genre, and that are of outstanding quality.
How do you submit a manuscript for consideration?
- The manuscript must be in MSWord-compatible format and must be submitted in Times New Roman, font size 12, and single spaced.
- The manuscript must be as free of typos and errors as possible. While we understand that no manuscript is perfect, we may reject a manuscript that has multiple errors.
- The manuscript must be of the best quality of writing possible. It should follow the guidelines of the Chicago Manual of Style. While we do understand that a manuscript submitted will always need work from our editors, we may not consider a manuscript that is of lower quality.
- Biographical information about the author must be included with the manuscript with a length not to exceed 500 words.
- Include a synopsis of the story.
- Include the contact information for the author (the author’s legal name if that is different than the pen name), physical address, phone number, email address.
- Complete publication history–any pen names used, any books that are in publication.
- Include the author website if one exists.
- All work submitted must be yours – and only yours – so that you have the right to register it with the US Copyright Ofice. We must be able to acquire all publication rights inherent in the work, and if you have used someone else’s material, you must get permission to do so before we can review your manuscript.
What you can expect from Flashpoint:
- We will acknowledge receipt of all submissions within 72 hours.
- All submissions will receive an acceptance/rejection within 6-8 weeks after acknowledgement of receipt.
- Flashpoint Publications is a print-on-demand publisher, meaning that we literally only print as many copies as are needed to send to the author or distributor. Our two main distributors are Ingram Spark and Bella Distribution. Through Ingram, outlets such as Amazon and Barnes & Noble are able to purchase books for their sites. Flashpoint does not keep any books on our premises or “in stock.”
- Our books are distributed in ebook format through Amazon, Bella Books, Kobo, and Nook.
- Flashpoint will always be responsive to any questions from our authors or potential authors. If you don’t ask, we can’t help you out.
What we expect from you:
- With any submission, we expect that the person(s)/author(s) making the submission hold the authority to potentially negotiate a contract and hold the appropriate rights for publication and copyright of the work. We expect any submission to be a request by the submitter for publication.
- We will not, however, accept simultaneous submissions. If you have submitted to another publisher and are still waiting to hear from that publisher, Flashpoint can’t accept your submission. You must wait to hear from that publisher first. We won’t assign resources to evaluate a work that might not be available to us to acquire.
- We thank you for your interest in Flashpoint Publications. If you would like to submit a manuscript to us, please send it and the requested information outlined here to firstname.lastname@example.org.